$260 + 40 Deepest Stack NL Hold'em (Re-Entry)
It took just over 18 hours for the inaugural Deepest Stack No Limit Hold'em event to finish with Borgata regular 'Lucky' Lee Kirsch coming out on top. Kirsch picked up $28,485 and his first Borgata Open trophy. Thomas Balla, another regular face here, finished second for $16,442.
"I thought it was great -- a lot of fun" Kirsch commented on the new 'Deepest' stack of 50,000 starting chips. But near the end, it was "basically an all-in-fest".
A total of 442 entries generated total buy-ins of $114,920. The money bubble burst shortly after midnight, leaving 45 players in the hunt for the trophy.
The last woman in this event was Tiffany Williamson (Pleasantville, NJ) who is best known for her 15th place finish in the 2005 WSOP Main Event ($400,000). She finished 17th for $881.
Mike Hahn (Indianapolis, IN), winner of event 3 ($36,264) followed up with a deep run in this event. He finished 13th for $1,115.
Kirsch was up at 6am Tuesday to take care of business before the 11am start time and it was 6am Wednesday, 24 hours later, before it was wrapped up and he could get some sleep. "I wasn't tired" he said. Late in the tournament "I was all-in on total air in a 1 million chip pot. I thought I was going to get called and it would be all over, but he folded". That bluff helped propel Kirsch to the win.
In addition to the prize money and shiny Borgata Summer Poker Open
trophy, Kirsch will also receive a 16x20 framed photo of himself, taken
by professional photographer Eric Harkins of Image Masters (IMPDI).
Final Table Results:
1. LEE KIRSCH (COLD SPG HBR, NY): $28,485
2. THOMAS BALLA (BELLEROSE, NY): $16,442
3. NICHOLAS TREPPIEDI (BROOKLYN, NY): $10,033
4. STEVEN AVENT (ROCKY MOUNT, NC): $8,082
5. MICHAEL WODZINSKI (EAST MEADOW, NY): $6,354
6. ALAN LEE (COLUMBIA, MD): $5,295
7. JOSHUA SUPSAK (LINWOOD, NJ): $4,236
8. ZACHARY LUTES (ISLAND HEIGHTS, NJ): $3,233
9. ALAN NOSONCHUK (BROOKLYN, NY): $2,229
10. RICHARD DALY (BRIGANTINE, NJ): $1,449